Sunday, April 29, 2012

Lesson 11 - Life At Home

 This is my family. We are a nuclear family living in the same household and are bound by legal, biological, and emotional ties.
 This is my extended family. This is a larger group of family consisting of four generations. We all gather in one household for major holidays one being thanksgiving.
 My parents practice monogamy. They have been married for 20 years and are in a relationship with only each other.
 My grandmother is doing the instrumental task of cooking a meal for the entire family.  This is a practical task necessary to maintain family life, as well as having the rest of the family contribute to help do chores around the house.
For birthdays in my family's house, my parents have made us pancakes on the morning of our birthday. They make a stack consisting of as many pancakes as age we are turning.  This is an expressive task that contributes to the emotional work necessary to support our family members.

No comments:

Post a Comment